Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I want my junk TV.

Having toddler twins who have discovered the joy of a teepeed kitchen and the delight found in tormenting the dog, I've had to drastically streamline my TV habits.
And so my DVR has said goodbye to John Stewart, Anderson Cooper, Oprah, even the women of The View.
But there is a group of women I wish I could quit, but I can't. Gretchen, Bethanny, Nene, and Kim beckon me week after week, season after season.
What is it about the Real Housewives that makes this real housewife tune in every Thursday? Could I be feeling a bit of schadenfreude watching these women, who spent so frivolously and needlessly, now having to rein in their spending habits and downsize in this new world order?
Actually, I should say most of these women have reined in their spending. Last week's show had Lynn Curtin being served with an eviction notice on her rented house. She handles this financial dilemma by taking off for the weekend to San Francisco and splurging on a $1500 leather jacket that would have been at home in Love is a Battlefield.

Poor, poor Lynn (literally and figuratively).  If she had only known about Yoox, the fashion online superstore. The range of designers is deep including Stella McCartney, Missoni, Marc Jacobs and Valentino. I've been shopping here for years and especially love the lesser known designers featured. What really makes Yoox rock is the sale section which now has almost 1000 items up to 90% off.

 Under $20

 

  

  

  


Under $50

  

 

  

  

  

  

Many of the sale items come in very limited sizes and colors, but with almost 1000 items reduced, it's time to put down the remote and start thinking inside the Yoox.


No comments:

Post a Comment