Thursday, November 12, 2009

It's not easy being green.




Remember when Kermit sang about hard it was to be green?
Well I discovered how true that was when I saw my 8 week ultrasound and realized I would be changing not one, but two little bottoms for the next 3 years.
I did some quick calculations:
( 2 babies X hourly diaper changes /24 hours in a day-3 hours sleep nightly)
and quickly said goodbye to my plans for cloth diapers.
My guilt over my landfill contribution has been slightly diminished by my discovery of Kate Organics. This relatively new line out of California is made of SKAL certified organic cotton, using low impact dyes, and produced according to fair trade guidelines and a tree is planted for every garment sold through Trees for the Future.
This dress is from the summer line but I think it's beautiful enough to wear for the holidays, alone or with a sparkly cardigan.
Look good and feel good while doing some good.
And I'm still waiting for my kudos from Al Gore.

 Go to “stockists” to see who carries Kate near you.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cool. There are several Brooklyn stores that carry this line. I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete