Thursday, November 19, 2009

Putting on the glitz

I love the idea of the glitzy but not gaudy tee. Fantastic with dark skinny denim, black palazzo pants or a pencil skirt, this one item will get you through multiple looks.




 So when I found these tees on 77kids by American Eagle, I knew I had to snap them up for my girls. Their website has loads of casual but on trend clothes for toddlers to tweens at great price points. I loved these tees so much but there was one glaring problem. True to their name, 77kids doesn't carry items for, ahem, the slightly more mature set.


So I started my search for my own glitzy tee and found it at Laura Dahl.com.
Laura worked for Cynthia Rowley and Catherine Malandrino before launching her line of embellished tops, Wifebeader in 2003 followed by the Laura Dahl label in 2006. She has great casual tops and pants, but most importantly, I found my glitzy tee.



At $162 the price is a little higher than I normally would spend on a top, but when you figure my girls' tees were only $5 each, then this averages out to some pretty stylin' looks for the three of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment