Friday, November 13, 2009

Something's not adding up here.


I am not a frou-frou type of girl.
I love dresses and have so many favorite dress lines I want to share. But I love dresses and skirts on other women. My closet is 10% dresses, 5% skirts, 40% tops, and 95% jeans.  Yeah, math was never my strong suit, I know.

However I did buy a skirt recently. Now this was only after this skirt hounded me through 3 states. I first saw the skirt in my favorite local boutique. I tried it on, it fit perfect. It's the skirt to wear when the weather gets cold and the snow is piling up and you are so sick of wearing your jeans for the 10th day running. It was made of flexcel, a knit fabric that made it super soft and stretchy.
It would look absolutely fantastic with a turtleneck and black riding boots.
But I didn't get it. You see my closet is only 5% skirts.

But over the Halloween weekend I went to Michigan to visit friends. On Sunday we drove to lovely Saugatuck to mill around. Walking to a playground so the kids could play in the leaves, I darted in a little shop on the corner.

And there was my skirt.





And she was 20% off!

So there ya go, and now my closet is 6% skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment