Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Style means never having to say you're sorry you bought that outfit.

I have reached the point in my life where comfort and fashion should collide. And that collision also better be one of collusion. I want to look effortlessly good, without any one knowing the true effort that went into it. Alas, I no longer have the time to spend hours in front of my mirror trying on different outfits so that when an occasion came up I had the perfect thing to wear. Now I must truly be able to put something on and walk out the door.

My fashion icon has always been Ali MacGraw, particularly in Goodbye Columbus and Love Story. Jennifer Callaverri, oops, I mean Jennifer Cavalleri, annoyed the hell out of me. But she was cool and beautiful and I couldn't look away from her sense of style. Almost everything she wears in this movie would still look valid today, almost 40 years on.
 An effortless, timeless style is what most of us want. This is as true for a 22 year old Radcliffe grad as it is for the 30-40 something mommy navigating the burbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment