Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bulls Eye

Okay, I've been meaning to write about the collaboration between Rodarte and Target for months. I realize I'm late to the game here but I kept putting it off. 
You see this is primarily a blog geared to mommies and unless your name is Bristol or Jamie Lynn then this look might be, well, a little young for your taste.
Howevah, having just left Target this afternoon, and again checking out the line, I realize that separately these pieces might work for even us more experienced moms.



 Wear this sweater and cami combo with a pair of black trousers, t-strap purple pumps, and long double stranded pearls. You'll have a classic yet contemporary look that Ms. Wintour herself would look approvingly on.













                                           

                                                                                 
                                                       

                                                                                                                                                                                                               



Ditch the cute but too short skirt and instead wear this with a metallic silver pencil skirt, opaque tights, and platform maryjanes.













And finally, this baby blue dress is perfect for spring worn with a chocolate brown cardigan and cream ballet flats.









Check out Target.com for the entire Rodarte collection.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know who Bristol and Jamie Lynn are -- and I'm so old, I don't even MIND that I don't know. But thanks for this post. Sometimes I've had a hard time finding a store that carries the brands you suggest, but we definitely have Target!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palin and Spears, think teenage moms! BTW, the J Crew skirt I suggest for the 2nd outfit is now $50 off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week's New Yorker has a profile piece on the Rodarte designers, "Twisted Sisters". Fun stuff. It mentions that within hours of the Target collection's arrival in stores and online it was snatched up. Sounds like you were one of the lucky ones to have found something left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Rodarte stuff at Target but have not "invested" yet. But I have to say the Vera Wang at Kohl's is great. Even the J'Lo at Kohl's has some cute looks. I just bought a pair of black ballet flats with little chain link and rhinestone decorations and they are super cute and were like $34! Wore them with my skinny jeans! Also picked up a pair of midcalf distressed brown motorcycle boots $34 on sale! Have been wearing them to death. Thansk for the reminder to go to Target for Rodarte to mix with my Vera Wang!

    ReplyDelete